About Rebel Ventures
We transform some of the world’s most iconic sports organizations, brands, and athletes into modern media and entertainment businesses. We work with the likes of Real Madrid, Netflix, NBA, Fortnite, Juventus, Wimbledon, Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Chiefs, and dozens of athletes around the world. Our leadership team has deep experience in media, digital, and sports with companies such as the NFL, Buzzfeed, Refinery29, and The Player’s Tribune.
About the Role
As an established strategic and creative agency in a tight-knit sports industry, Rebel Ventures’ reputation and high caliber client list have been critical to our success. We have an insatiable appetite to deliver on client objectives, and our track record of driving business results has allowed us to become a trusted partner for the world’s top sports organizations, brands, and athletes.
Our business is expanding quickly, and a top priority is building a best-in-class account management team that will allow us to maintain our market-leading work and extend our superior level of client service as we scale.
The Account Manager role will focus on building existing client success, onboarding new clients, driving internal timelines and deliverables and securing client retention and growth. This will require not only excellent client service, but also exceptional organizational skills, strategic thinking, effective prioritization, an intense focus on delivering against objectives, and an ability to build strong business and interpersonal relationships with a wide range of clients and personalities.
Carve a clear path to success.
Lead a comprehensive onboarding process and closely monitor progress against objectives throughout the partnership, ensuring Rebel is constantly driving tangible business results, and that our clients are adequately educated and informed on the status of the work and deliverables
Showcase our work.
Develop detailed recap reporting, case studies, and high-level meetings and working sessions with client leadership and subordinates. It’s critical that the entire client organization understands the purpose and value of our partnership
Create a premium client experience.
Build durable relationships, inspire trust, and position Rebel as industry thought-leaders that provide high quality innovative solutions focused on business results
Ongoing performance tracking.
Set a clear cadence for proactive client management and communication with a focus on positive progress. Oversee regular status calls, tracking deliverables, and fielding requests in a timely manner. This will include regular travel to client offices for working sessions and presentations
Resource and budget management, and internal collaboration.
Account management is responsible for tracking client budgets and ensuring each client engagement and project is set up for success from a resource and deliverables standpoint. The Account Manager will effectively leverage Rebel executives, subject matter experts, and external partners to develop client deliverables in a timely manner, making recommendations and strategic decisions (when necessary) to ensure successful client engagements and deliverables are always the top priority
The Account Manager will be responsible for driving revenue growth and momentum with new and existing clients. This may include cross-selling existing Rebel Ventures offerings or services, or identifying key client needs or opportunities where Rebel can provide a product, service, or strategic or creative support to help achieve the necessary objective
First and foremost, successful candidates will be a fit for our unique culture.
We’re a small team doing big things. We have to work collaboratively and rely heavily on each other. We work smart always, work hard whenever it’s required, and we value fun. This means all team members must be (in no particular order):
- 2-5 years of client management experience in an agency or consulting environment
- Prior responsibilities must include managing a portfolio of clients and interfacing with client senior leadership
- Strong business thinker and problem-solver, ability to constantly navigate the needs of the client, agency, and partners
- Top-notch communication and presentation skills
- This includes effective verbal communication in meetings, as well as developing presentation materials in PowerPoint or Keynote
- Advanced graphic design skills are not required, but the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in a visual format is an absolute must (includes managing internal design resources)
- Deep experience in, and passionate for, digital/social marketing or content publishing. Must stay at the forefront of digital trends, and high-performing digital campaigns and activations (from both a branding and revenue generation perspective)
- Extensive experience with project management, including delivering against objectives, deadlines, and budgets
- Superb time management, judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- And, of course, an interest in sports! (Sports and media industry experience, especially in digital, is a huge plus)