About Rebel Ventures
We transform some of the world’s most iconic sports organizations, brands and athletes into modern media and entertainment businesses. We work with the likes of Real Madrid, Netflix, NBA, Fortnite, Juventus, Wimbledon, Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Chiefs, and dozens of athletes around the world. Our leadership team has deep experience in media, digital, and sports with companies such as the NFL, Buzzfeed, Refinery29, and The Player’s Tribune.
About the Role
This role manages and directs all finance and accounting aspects of the agency, and serves as a key face to external vendors, partners, clients and internal staff. You will be part of a small team that is based in the US and Europe, with clients across continents. This is a remote position that reports into the CEO and works closely with the COO.
- Manage all agency bookkeeping duties including reconciling bank accounts, revenue recognition, accounts payable and accounts receivables, all billable and non-billable expenses and other general ledger items
- Evolve and maintain financial models for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning and tracking reports: weekly AP/AR tracking, monthly profit and loss forecast, additional ad hoc as necessary
- Lead on account receivables collection
- Manage payroll, employee health benefits, expense reimbursements and new employee on-boarding
- Assist with monthly working capital management and coordination
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Liaise with legal dept on contract status and calendaring key contract dates
- Lead on securing and renewing company insurance policies
- Provide general administrative support including travel coordination and company offsites
First and foremost, successful candidates will be a fit for our unique culture.
We’re a small team doing big things. We have to work collaboratively and rely heavily on each other. We work smart always, work hard whenever it’s required, and we value fun. This means all team members must be (in no particular order):
Qualifications and Experience:
- Quickbooks expertise required
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 4 years of bookkeeping and related accounting and finance experience
- Excellent communication skills; including strong presentation skills
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations
- A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment
- Proven ability to independently manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org